NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance test which is organized by CBSE every year for all the aspirants of MBBS and BDS. This was in effect of the new bill that was passed by the Cabinet wherein it was stated that the Medical Council of India (MCI) is now substituted by National Medical Commission – NMC. As per MHRD, National Testing Agency (NTA) was established in order to conduct National Level Entrance Tests such as GATE 2019, NEET 2019, UGC NET, CTET etc.
The registration cum online application form for Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) NEET 2019 is accepted on the official website www.cbseneet.nic.in and if you want, you can easily download then Brochure for NEET 2019 wherein you can find the eligibility criteria, age limit, Syllabus, Pattern of the exam, Cut-Off, any Rules and Regulations changed or modified, important dates, and the schedule of NEET 2019. Apart from this you can also find the best books that you can study to pass this test and the solved question papers in the pdf format for the previous years is also available.
Notification for NEET 2019
MHRD – Ministry of Human Resouces Development and NTA – National Testing Agency may plan and implement NEET-UG 2019 for entrance tests of Medical and Dental domain for the admission in academic session of 2019. As per the request from the Honorable Supreme Court to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, there must be only one Eligibility Entrance Exam for admission in courses such as MBBS and BDS course all over India besides, AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The student preparing for NEET-2019 must be aware of the minimum eligibility criteria such as age limit, reservation and education qualification before reserving their seats for any NEET Coaching Centers.
The NEET 2019 Score is required in case the applicant is seeking admission in:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery – BDS
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS
In case the applicant is seeking admission in either of the courses mentioned above, he is required to score at least the eligibility cut off score in order to apply for 85% State counselling or 15% All India Counselling.
NEET UG 2019
The first step that the applicant must take is visiting the official website at www.cbseneet.nic.in/and download the brochure which contains the information for NEET-UG 2019. You must read the brochure carefully so that you do not face issues with filling up your form and it doesn’t get rejected.
Usually the notification for the NEET is available to all during the 3rd week of December wherein the applicant needs to register online and then on the basis of the marks obtained in this test, he can appear for the counselling.
- All India Quota Seats: 15% MBBS/ BDS seats are set aside for every state partaking in the AIQ.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET Application Form 2019
MHRD National Testing Agency or CBSE organizes the NEET-UG 2019 for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The entire process is online and all you need to do is visit the www.cbseneet.nic.in and fill up the registration form. You would need to enter your basic details such as email-address, contact number, education details, and communication address. Then you must upload your photo &put your digital signature, and pay the fees etc. The step-wise procedure to filling up the application form for NEET 2019 is given below:
NEET 2019 Registration
Following are the steps for registration of the NEET 2019 form:
- Visit the official website on cbseneet.nic.in or NTA NEET 2019 portal – www.indiatestingagency.in
- Fill in the details in your registration form such as Name on the Aadhaar card or other ID, names of the parents, category, Date of birth, choose your identification type, punch in your valid email-address and working contact number for verification through OTP.
- Now you would need to “Create Login Password”, along with the security question and answer. The OTP Reference number shall be sent to your phone and you would be required to enter the same.
- In the step 2, the registration number gets generated so save it for future use.
- Upload the photographs and signature in JPEG format but before that check the minimum and maximum size which is required to upload.
- Final step is paying for the application fee online. You can do it through Debit card, Credit card or Internet Banking etc.
- Now you can take a print out of the Confirmation page.
Fill NEET 2019 Form at www.cbseneet.nic.in
- To fill in the application form visit the website as mentioned above and find the link “Apply Online”
- Read the brochure carefully before filling up the form.
- In case any wrong or incorrect information is provided, it could lead to cancellation of admission.
- Check for details such as eligibility, age criteria, age relaxation limit, number of attempts you can do and so on.
In the year 2019, this exam is most likely scheduled to 5th May 2019. For any kind of assistance or help if required, the applicant can reach out to the address as below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
PreetVihar, Delhi- 110092
Minimum Eligibility for NEET 2019
The eligibility criteria for the NEET comprises of Age limit, educational qualification, and number of attempts of NEET exam.
Age – As per the guidelines, to appear for the NEET UG 2019 exam, the minimum age of the applicant should be 17 years and maximum can be up to 25 years. In case the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC category then there is a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit. Therefore for people born on or between 5th May 1995 and 1st Jan 2003 and are falling into unreserved category and are at least 17 years as on 31st Dec 2019 are eligible to appear for the exam. Similarly, applicants who belong to SC/ST/OBC Categories and born between 5th May 1990 and 1st Jan 2003 and are at least 17 years of age on 31st Dec 2019 are eligible to apply for the exam.
Nationality – All Indians are eligible to appear for this test but before applying they must check for other criteria such as educational qualification, age limit and score required etc. The students from Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET UG Entrance Test.
Qualification – The educational qualifications required to appear for this test is that the applicant must have passed Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination that is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination and the last two years of such study must comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and it must include the practical tests of these subjects as well. Mathematics or any other elective subject with English is also needed.
An applicant appearing in the 12th Standard in the year 2019 can also apply for NEET 2019 but in that case he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS course, in case he/she does not go through the qualifying examination with the minimum pass percentage at the time of first round
The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology which shall be inclusive of the practical test in these subjects and also must have studied English as a compulsory subject.
Percentage Criteria: Applicants who have secured minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in case of general candidates and 45% (for general Physical Handicapped) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories)
Exam Date of NEET 2019 – This test would be organized on theFirst Sunday of May 2019